Each Waukee Community School District Board of Education (BOE) member serves on at least one standing committee. After committee meetings, the committee may ask the administrative team for more background information or data, or refer the topic to the Board Agenda for full board discussion and action.
Committees take no action, but serve as a conduit for bringing agenda items to the full board in a more efficient and productive manner. Following full BOE discussion, a topic may be dropped, referred back to administration for additional work, referred back to committee for additional review or revision, or scheduled for action at a Board meeting.
This committee recommends individual policy changes and oversees the three-year review cycle for Board policies. Recommended changes will be presented to the Board of Directors for a first and second reading. The committee shall be responsible for any Board of Education evaluations, for consideration of Board development activities, and for reviewing and updating Board goals.
- Meets at the District Administration Office, the first Monday of the month that proceeds a board meeting at 4:30 p.m.
- Members: Lori Lyon, Wendy Marsh, Alex Smith
Financial Services Committee:
This committee deals with school district financial topics. This may include various school district financial funds, administrative salaries, and teacher salary negotiations. The committee shall also consider district growth topics, transportation, building and grounds, and any other topics with a significant financial impact that need to be acted upon by the Board.
- Meets at District Administration Office, first Wednesday of the month that proceeds a board meeting at 7:00 a.m.
- Members: Wendy Liskey, Mary Scheve, Dan Gehlbach
Capital Projects Committee:
This committee is the first forum for discussion of the district’s facility needs. The committee shall provide the first input into short and long-range facility plans and shall work with the administrative team and the Financial Services Committee on revenue allocation for capital projects.
- Meets at the District Administration Office, first Thursday of the month that proceeds a board meeting at 7 a.m.
- Members: Dave Cunningham, Wendy Marsh, Mary Scheve
Instructional Services Committee:
This committee considers curriculum topics, staff development topics, student achievement data, and any other topics of a similar nature. In addition, this committee shall consider community education topics and public relations topics as well as any others that may need to be reviewed or acted upon by the Board of Directors.
- Meets at the District Administration Office, first Tuesday of the month that proceeds a board meeting at 4:00 p.m.
- Members: Lori Lyon, Alex Smith, Dan Gehlbach