SchoolCafé gives students and parents a quick and easy way to stay on top of their nutrition.
How to Set Restrictions
Waukee Community School Districts offers items that can be purchased separately from a set meal, a la carte. A la carte purchases are an additional cost to the reimbursable breakfast or lunch meals. These items are also not included with a free or reduced-price breakfast or lunch and must be paid for separately.
Parents/Guardians have the ability to set purchasing restrictions and/or remove the ability to purchase a la carte items. SchoolCafe can be used to keep up to date on your student’s school menu, purchase history, current account balance, and to set a la carte purchase restrictions.
- Go to schoolcafe.com/WCSDNutrition or download the free SchoolCafe app to your mobile device and create an account.
- It is very important to remember your Username & Password.
- If this is your first time logging in you will need to add your student by entering your student’s name and ID number.
- To set restrictions on a la carte purchases, click on “Purchase Restrictions” under your student’s information.
- Restrictions can be set by a dollar amount per day or by an item number limit per day.
- At this time, the software is unable to restrict by item type (chips, drinks, etc.), so we encourage you to have a conversation with your student about making the choices you deem appropriate.