Durham School Services, a national leader in student transportation, has been operating bus services for Waukee Community School District since July 1, 2013. Durham operates approximately 50 buses for the district. Every bus features two digital video cameras to monitor student behavior and the latest in GPS technology to provide real-time data from the road and help manage fuel consumption. All special education buses are equipped with air-conditioning.
If you have any questions regarding transportation, please feel free to call the General Manager. If you have questions regarding bus fees, please call the District Office at 515.987.5161.
- Transportation Request Form
In 2020-21, we implemented changes to our pay-to-ride transportation procedures.
Walk-zones will be defined as:
- Elementary Schools living less than (.5 mile)
- Secondary Schools – grades 6-12 living less than (1.0 mile)
- Within these walk-zones, students will not be allowed to pay-to-ride.
- Distances are calculated in accordance with board policy.
- If you would like to cancel student transportation for the current year, please email Scott Plummer at the email below and include your child’s name, grade, and student number.
- Field Trip Request Form
- NonPublic Parent Reimbursement Request Form
- Forms may be submitted via email, but these are only accepted in a scanned PDF format: email@example.com
Forms should be mailed to:
Waukee Community School District
560 SE University Ave
Waukee, IA 50263
Our bus facility is located at 605 University Ave., Waukee, IA 50263.
- Phone: 515.987.2788
- Fax: 515.987.2701
Gwen Brettman, General Manager
Karl Gakle, Safety Manager
Scott Plummer, Routing
Elisa Kpurukoo, Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher
Bonnie Tovrea, Trip Coordinator
Marjorie Burnett, Student Behavior Specialist
Mary Dickey, Administrative Assistant