At Waukee Community School District, we believe safety is a top priority, and that includes digital safety. All of our district devices are protected 24/7 through a cloud-based filtering system, and this includes our 1:1 student devices as well. Through this filtering system, students experience the same level of digital safety when on district devices, whether they are in the classroom, at home, on the bus, etc.
Securly Home App
Although district devices are filtered 24/7, we understand that each family may feel differently about what their child should be able to access on district devices outside of the school day. Through the Securly Home app, families have the ability to supervise their child’s technology use on district devices outside of the school day by:
- Monitoring their child’s activity on district devices outside of the WCSD Network/IP Address.
- Establishing personalized rules & limitations for device use outside of the WCSD Network/IP Address.
- Filtering content their child is able to access outside of the WCSD Network/IP Address.
- Receiving push notifications if their child searches content related to bullying, self-harm, or suicide while using a district device outside of the WCSD Network/IP Address. Parents who download the app will automatically be opted-in to receive real-time notifications if their child searches flagged self-harm content.
- Pausing the internet on their child’s district device, temporarily disabling online access.
- Setting offline schedules for their child’s internet usage (ex: during dinner, at bedtime).
Once the student enters the school day, the district regains control, and devices will follow Waukee CSD’s established filters until the students leave the Waukee CSD’s Network/IP Address again.
- Check your email for a message from Securly. Click the link to download the Securly Home app.
- Open the app and click the “Login” button.
- Select “Get Instant Access.” A link will be sent to your email on file with the district.
- Open the email and click “Sign in to Securly Home.”
- Explore the app to configure rules and settings.