Current students enrolled in the Waukee Community School District must verify their residency with the district office if a change of address occurs. There will be no exceptions. The district office will continue to send mail and transportation to the old address until they obtain proper proof of residency.
If you are in need of using a post office box for mailing purposes, you will need to provide a copy of a power bill that has the post office box on it in addition to the physical address.
Proof of Residency
- If you are a homeowner, you may obtain property owner information from the Dallas County Assessor or provide either of the following:
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill with the section, block and lot number
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement
The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student being registered.
- If you have recently closed on a new home, you need to provide one of the following:
- A copy of the settlement statement from closing
- A copy of the warranty deed
- If you are a renter, you need to provide the following:
- A copy of your lease agreement with the term listed. The agreement must contain the property owner’s name, address, and signature, as well as the name and signature of the parent/guardian.
- If you rent without a lease (on a month-to-month basis) you need to provide the following:
- A notarized Landlord Statement, Form ES1, and a corresponding utility bill, utility service agreement, or verification of deposit
- If a sibling currently attends Waukee Schools, you need to include the name of the sibling, grade, and attendance center. This will be sufficient proof of residency.
- If you are in need of using a post office box for mailing purposes, you will need to provide a copy of a utility bill that has the post office box on it in addition to the physical address that corresponds to the physical address you provided as acceptable proof of residency.
- If you are open enrolled, you will need to bring your Open Enrollment Approval Letter as proof of your address.
- If none of the above “types of residency” describe your current situation, please contact Enrollment Services.
Proof of Residency Documents
- Form ES-1: Rent without a Lease
- Form ES-2: Application for Permission to Enroll Out Of District Students (Before the School Year)
- Form ES-3: Application for Permission to Enroll Out Of District Students (During the School Year)
- Form ES-4: Form to Change Center
- Form: ES-5: Permission for Residents to remain at current attendance center for the current school year if moving during the school year
- Form ES-6: Change of Address / Proof of Residency