Our mission at Waukee Community Preschool is to provide a quality, age-appropriate early childhood education that nurtures every child as an individual, empowers every child as a learner, and celebrates each child’s talents and abilities. The Waukee Community Preschool is designed to be a two-year program with one year for 3-year-olds and a second year for 4-year-olds. Please note that our preschool is made up of a combination of children with disabilities (children served through special education programming) as well as children without identified disabilities.
If you would like to take a look at the Board Presentation to get a glimpse of our space for our youngest learners, please click the link.
Our Daily Activities
- Sensory Time
- Opening (Calendar and Songs)
- Play/Centers Time
- Literacy, Story, Table Activity
- Snack/Bathroom Break
- Recess (Gross Motor)
Community Preschool Enrollment
- All preschool classes will take place at the Vince Meyer Learning Center located at:
- 400 Locust Street, Waukee, IA 50263
- Families must live in the Waukee Community School District to be eligible to attend.
- Families will not come to the District Administration Office to register. All applications are completed online.
- 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- The child must be 3-years-old by Sept. 15, 2022
- 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- $220 deposit required (if a spot is offered)
- $220 monthly tuition
- Need-based scholarship opportunities are available through 4Rkids Early Childhood Iowa Preschool Enrichment
- 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Child must be 4-years-old by Sept. 15, 2022
- 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- This program is funded through the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Grant which allows families to attend tuition-free.
Note: The PM program is for children in the year immediately preceding their kindergarten year. Also, due to current 3-year-olds moving to the 4-year-old class in the fall, there will be very few 4-year-old spots available.
The online application for the 2022-2023 community preschool year opens at 10:00 a.m. on December 1, 2021.
- All applications are completed online. The application site will open promptly at 10:00 a.m. on December 1, 2021. On this morning, all interested parents should visit the Waukee Community School District website.
- Information about community preschool is available under the Enroll menu by clicking on Community Preschool.
- As is the case every year, there will be very few 4-year-old (PM) spots since the current 3-year-olds will have the opportunity to roll forward to a PM slot for the fall of 2022. There may be, for example, only nine or ten 4-year-old spots available for the fall. As for 3-year-old (AM) spots, there might be 50 to 60 spots depending on how many preschool teachers are on staff in the fall.
- As each family completes the online application process, the date and time of each submission will be recorded. Both 3 and 4-year-old spots will be filled based on these stamps. For example, if there are 50 spots available for 3-year-old preschool, the first 50 submissions will be considered for placement. The same system will apply to 4-year-old students. Please note: All requested information must be filled out and criteria met for an application to be considered. Applications with missing or invalid information will not be considered.
- Student Services will begin contacting families the second week of January 2022 to offer placement for the 2022-23 school year.
- Contact will only be made to families that will be offered placement in our preschool. We will not contact families that are on the waiting list. In the event spots become available, families will be contacted based on the date and timestamp of their application.
Please know that on Wednesday, December 1, 2021, when you are completing the online application, you will need to have the following information available, in addition to personal information such as names, address, phone numbers, doctor’s name and phone number, dentist’s name and phone number, etc:
Supplemental School Health Report
- Does your child have new glasses/lenses?
- Did your child have an illness or accident during the last summer?
- Did your child have any immunizations during the last summer?
- Is your child allergic to any medication, food, bee stings, or environmental allergens?
- Does your child have a medical diagnosis of a chronic health condition such as diabetes, asthma, heart problems, seizures, etc?
- Does your child have any special medical considerations?
- Does your child take medication(s) on a regular basis?
Emergency Contacts (other than Parents/Guardian)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Relationship to Student
- Home Phone (can be the same as the cell phone)
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
Once a placement is offered and accepted, to ensure your space is reserved, families will be allowed three business days to submit the following required documentation to the Vince Meyer Learning Center at 400 Locust Street, Waukee, IA 50263.
- Proof of Residency
- Homeowners will need a copy of the most recently paid property tax bill, a copy of recent mortgage statement, or a print-out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site.
- Renters will need a copy of the lease agreement signed by both tenant and landlord.
- If an offer has been made on a home, a copy of the purchase agreement, as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application will be required.
- If recently closed on a home, a copy of the settlement statement will be required.
- Copy of Immunization Record or Immunization Exemption Certificate
- (For the 3-year-old program only) A $220.00 non-refundable deposit, which will be applied to the first month’s tuition and will be deposited upon acceptance of the preschool spot. Checks should be made out to the Waukee Community School District