Your child is entering a school district that prides itself on being student-centered and committed to partnering with parents to ensure a positive school experience for everyone. Kindergarten is their first real experience with responsibility, leadership, and relationships.
We encourage all parents to get involved, volunteer when they can, and communicate with the teachers. We hope you enjoy being a part of their experience.
In kindergarten, the students begin to learn reading, math, language arts, science, and social skills. They also learn how to get along with others and participate in electives such as art, music, and physical education. The media, technology, and recess will be introduced to your students as well.
First Date after Return from Winter Break:
Begin submitting required paper documents to District Office
Online enrollment portal opens. An email with directions on how to complete the online enrollment process is sent around 10 a.m. to the first e-mail address listed on the cover sheet.
- If you have a currently enrolled child at the Vince Meyer Early Learning Center, you do not need to register for kindergarten. Your child will be part of the returning student registration process for all currently-enrolled students who are planning to return for the following school year.
Beyond the Bell Childcare Registration Opens
Intro to Kindergarten Nights (2022-2023)
- Brookview: May 10 at 6:00pm (Gym)
- Eason: July 21 at 5:00 pm (Gym)
- Grant Ragan: May 9th at 6:00 pm (Gym)
Maple Grove: May 17 at 6:00 pm
- Radiant: May 16 at 6:00 pm (Gym)
- Shuler: May 3 at 6:00 pm (Gym)
- Sugar Creek: July 14 at 5:30 pm (Gym/Cafeteria)
- Walnut Hills: May 9 at 6:00 pm (Lunchroom)
- Waukee Elementary: May 3 at 6:00 pm (Gym)
Woodland Hills: May 5 at 6:00 pm (Gym)
If you have a child who will be five years of age on or before September 15 of the enrolling school year, please plan to begin the enrollment process on the day it opens by turning in the required paper documents to Waukee Community School District Office, 560 SE University Ave., Waukee, IA 50263.
Parents should turn in any additional documents to their child’s school. Visit the boundary map to determine the elementary school your child will attend based on your residential address.
Once all required materials are turned in, parents will receive a SnapCode to complete the enrollment process. Kindergarten parents are asked to turn in a physical that includes a blood lead test, updated immunization certificate, dental screening form, and vision screening form to the school nurse before the first day of school.
To enroll your student in the Waukee Community School District, parents need to complete and turn the following forms into the District Administration Office, 560 SE University Ave., Waukee, IA 50263. The information may be attached to an email or dropped off in person. If emailing and attaching please scan documents (PDF) – no photos or images. There is also a drop box located in the parking lot at the District Administration Office.
- Online Directions and Registration Cover Sheet
- Proof of Residency – Students must be residents of the Waukee Community School District or file the appropriate paperwork.
- Homeowner: a copy of your most recently paid property tax bill, copy of recent mortgage statement, or print out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site.
- Renting: a copy of your signed lease agreement.
- If you have made an offer on a home: a copy of the purchase agreement as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application. If you have recently closed on a home: a copy of the settlement statement.
- Home Language Survey
- Certificate of Immunization to be completed by the Physician or Medical Immunization Exemption Form to be signed by the Physician or Religious Immunization Exemption Form to be notarized
Under Iowa law, you have up to 60 days after your child has started school to turn in the following items.