Superintendent Job Posting
The Waukee Board of Education is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2019.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C. Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Trustees in identifying and screening the candidates.
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics:
- Possesses excellent leadership and visionary skills, with the ability to motivate others to quality performance; has the ability to instill trust and confidence in all aspects of the organization.
- Possesses strong management skills with demonstrated ability in problem-solving, decision-making, and consensus building; has a thorough understanding of educational finance and budget processes and demonstrates the ability to maximize resources and manage expenses.
- Possesses strong personal and professional qualities including honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness that are the hallmarks of a quality educational leader.
- Has the ability to identify the strengths of others, build upon those strengths, and develop collaborative relationships. A positive team builder with the ability to achieve consensus and create a climate for positive risk-taking.
- Closing date for applications: March 28, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Trustees selects finalists to interview: April 15, 2019
- Interviews with the Board of Trustees: Week of April 22, 2019
- Selection of new Superintendent: TBD
- Start date: July 1, 2019
Lead Consultant: Dr. Thomas Jacobson
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
We will continue to post updates about the Superintendent Search Process on our website.