Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony
It is hard to imagine that the year has gone by so fast! So many wonderful things have happened to the students, families, and staff of Waukee High School throughout the past eight months. We’re looking forward to celebrating the academic successes of our senior class during the next few weeks.
Commencement Ceremony – May 22
Waukee High School Commencement will be held on Wednesday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. at the Drake University Knapp Center. Doors will open at 6:00 pm. The commencement exercise itself is an activity that should be looked upon as a very special occasion where all our graduates are honored and treated with dignity and respect. Procedures will be instituted to assure that appropriate graduation decorum occurs. We will be encouraging our graduates to approach the graduation ceremony in a manner where all their classmates and the viewing public will have a sense of pride over the way the ceremony is conducted. Graduates will not be permitted to use string confetti or similar substances and will be encouraged to refrain from throwing their hats until the conclusion of the ceremony.
Open seating is available for all guests at no cost during the graduation ceremony. A designated section will be offered for guests with disabilities and their families. Please enter from the northeast side for special seating. We wish you a happy and memorable graduation event! Please contact my office should you have additional questions.
For those family and friends who are not able to attend the ceremony, live streaming of the 2019 Waukee High School Commencement is provided by Herff Jones.
Directions to the Knapp Center:
2601 Forest Ave, Des Moines, IA 50311
- Take I-235 east to exit #6—31st Street in Des Moines. Be sure you have passed the 63rd Street and 42nd Street
exits. There will be a sign just prior to the exit indicating Drake University.
- Exit at 31st Street and turn left (north). Continue north until you reach University Avenue.
- Turn right (east) at University and go approximately 6 blocks to 25th Street.
- Turn left (north) at 25th Street. Go three blocks and the Drake Knapp Center is located at the intersection of Forest and 25th. The Bell Center is attached to the northwest corner of the Knapp Center.
- Parking is available in Lot #1 (25th & Forest), Lot #2; Lot #3 (east side of Knapp Center); Lot #4 (north of Knapp Center)