Online Learning Tips
- Create a school workspace: keep paper, pens, and pencils nearby
- Minimize distractions
- Turn off or distance yourself from media (TV, video games, social media, cell phone, etc)
- Manage your time wisely
- Write out a schedule; check out your daily goal!
- Stay on top of your assignments; check Canvas and/or PowerSchool
- Utilize breaks
- Step away from your screen and take care of your personal needs between classes
- Set an alarm to start your day with enough time to eat breakfast and prepare for online learning
- Set a goal: have a clear direction to be motivated
- What can you get done today? How much time should you spend on this?
- What can you currently manage?
- What is the most important? In what order should you do things?
- Be an active participant in the class and individually
- Class: Contribute ideas, share responses, use facial expressions and gestures
- Get involved in discussions
- The more you interact, the more you learn
- Individually: This looks different for everyone. Do you need to take notes or sketch? Talk with others? Write? Try practice problems?
- Continue to form relationships and engage with your peers and teachers.
- If extra opportunities to Google Meet are offered, take them up on it!
- Embrace technology – make sure you have access to a working internet connection.
- Wellness Check for your device (MacBook or iPad)
- Restart your device at least once a week
- Remember to charge your device over night
- If your device is not working properly, take these steps.
- Find and use the resources your teacher provides
- Ask for help when you need it
- Seek and use feedback
- Be proactive
- Pause and ask yourself how you can solve the problem
- Recognize when you need help
- Know the best ways and times to ask for help
- Your teacher can help with this
- Communicate frequently
- Be comfortable with communicating with your teacher over email, Google Meet, or the phone.
- Know the best ways to communicate with your teachers
- Check your communication tools daily
- School Email